Painting (85)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Acrylic or Canvas?

Hello all, I am looking for some alternative for canvas printing to get my paintings printed and framed. I have some of my paintings, which…

Started by julie

0 Feb 24, 2017

Notan Sketches

I am working through the Chinamen's Bluff workshop and I notice that some of Richard's preliminary sketches are not strictly Notan (light a…

Started by Ernie Moshurchak

1 Feb 24, 2017
Reply by Richard Robinson

Sky Holes

Richard, I have just started working through some of your workshops and was curious to know why you add sky holes to your trees instead of…

Started by Ernie Moshurchak

1 Feb 24, 2017

Using Richards photos from his little book

HI I downloaded Richard little book.  The Painting are wonderful as are the photos.  Do we have permission to paint from these photos.  I w…

Started by Jim Duncan

1 Feb 24, 2017

how to frame an oil on gesso arches watercolor paper?

I get good results painting on watercolor paper?  The question is about presentation, Should I mount on hardboard ( apply gesso to the back…

Started by Jim Duncan

2 Nov 22, 2016
Reply by Jim Duncan

What would you suggest?

Work in progress. I was starting an abstract oil painting, but was not satisfied at all about how it was going, so I abandoned that idea, a…

Started by Agustin Malave

1 Nov 8, 2016
Reply by Dj Robertson

Hello I am Joan Elizabeth White From sc

Started by Joan Elizabeth White

1 Jul 11, 2016
Reply by Silvana M Albano

Simplifying a subject

Is there a tutorial or something that can show me exactly how to simplify my subject to paint?

Started by Manneherrin

11 Aug 14, 2015
Reply by Debe McGuire

values

I have no problem telling values if it is a drastic shift in value but, the ones that are one steps or two steps apart I have a huge proble…

Started by Manneherrin

2 Jul 25, 2015
Reply by Manneherrin

WIP Portrait start to finish

Some days things just seem to flow. I wish that would happen all the time. This little painting is 8 x 8 inches. It was one of my few sales…

Started by Mike Fone

6 Jul 25, 2015
Reply by Mike Fone

RSS

About

The Complete Artist is a friendly social network for all artists wanting to improve their painting.

Get my FREE Painting Lessons here!

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2024   Created by Richard Robinson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service