Painting (85)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Getting paint to stick

Im at a loss. I see  plein air painters painting one layer after the other on top of each other and its smooth and creamy. When I paint I c…

Started by Manneherrin

2 Jul 22, 2015
Reply by Manneherrin

Emergence

Oils on 20 x 20 inch canvas All comments welcome. The painting is actual Prussian Blue, whicch my wife thinks is a bit too sombre. I like i…

Started by Mike Fone

8 Feb 25, 2015
Reply by Art leat

Flamenco Dancer

This is a Pastel and PanPastel painting. It looks better than in the photo. I really need to take another photo of it.  The actual size is…

Started by Janet Garcia

2 Feb 13, 2015
Reply by Janet Garcia

Woodland Path

I'd very much like to get a response here. It may be just that you like or don't like it, maybe you want brighter colours or whatever. This…

Started by Mike Fone

2 Jan 15, 2015
Reply by Mike Fone

Her Ancestors

Her ancestors the Khans would have swept through China towards the east, as if the whole world was theirs to conquer. However time dilutes…

Started by Mike Fone

0 Jan 12, 2015

"Laneway"

Laneway 61 cm x 76 cm (24 x 30 inches) acrylic on canvas: I did this about 6 months ago - practical criticism is most welcome

Started by Mervyn Beamish

2 Jan 11, 2015
Reply by Mike Fone

Latest workshop

Oh feeling down . I have been working on the new workshop but have put it down for a while. I think I am overthinking it!!! It is very tech…

Started by Lisa Sherratt

0 Jan 10, 2015

What to do to improve

Hi there all, Something bugs me about this painting but cannot quite put my finger on it. Any suggestions please. Cheers and much blessing

Started by Lisa Sherratt

2 Jan 9, 2015
Reply by Lisa Sherratt

Background colour

Hi - this is my first post, so here goes... I am planning on doing an oil painting using all the colours of the rainbow and I am trying to…

Started by Helen Bishop

1 Jan 9, 2015
Reply by Mike Fone

A Cotswold Scene

8 x 8 inches oils. I used 3 photo references, with the people from another photo. My aim is to improve and fulfil my potential so go ahead…

Started by Mike Fone

0 Jan 9, 2015

RSS

About

The Complete Artist is a friendly social network for all artists wanting to improve their painting.

Get my FREE Painting Lessons here!

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2024   Created by Richard Robinson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service