Anything to do with the Mastering Color course goes here. Post your images up or ask questions - anything!

Views: 3016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Richard

My learning curve is improving thanks to your workshops.  Do you offer a workshop that includes personal critiquing of paintings?  I'm working on a painting that I'm stuck on not knowing what to do next.  

Thanks. No, sorry - too time consuming.

Sharon Bray said:

Thank you Richard

My learning curve is improving thanks to your workshops.  Do you offer a workshop that includes personal critiquing of paintings?  I'm working on a painting that I'm stuck on not knowing what to do next.  

Hey there, thanks for offering this chance to ask questions nobody understands around me ^^:

My biggest problem is to choose a palette! Not that cool-and-warm thing, but when I choose more than 3 colors, I realize that my painting gets chaotic in the end. I guess I have a problem to put focus through color. When I use only 2 or 3, I sometimes think "I need that or this color" - but if I add, it doesn`t fit or it disturbs the harmony.
I really ask myself how can all of you get along with so many choices and put them in the right place at the right moment?!
Thank you in advance :)
*Fabia*

Hi Richard, I love the workshops.... I have 2 beginner questions:  before you start to paint, are you putting some kind of first coating on the canvas?  (can I just start to work directly on the canvas?) and the second question- any canvas that I buy comes with small  pieces of wood attached  what are they for? (:    

 

Hallo Tut - Just to answer your question, I wouldn't be an expert on oils as I mostly paint with pastels.  You can paint directly on the canvas although some people use a primer.  The small pieces of wood are for the corners of the canvas. They are hammered into each corner at the back of the canvas so that the canvas is strong & tight.

Hope that is helpful to you.

Good luck with your painting,

Eibhlin


 
Tut Blumental said:

Hi Richard, I love the workshops.... I have 2 beginner questions:  before you start to paint, are you putting some kind of first coating on the canvas?  (can I just start to work directly on the canvas?) and the second question- any canvas that I buy comes with small  pieces of wood attached  what are they for? (:    

 

Hi Eibhlin,

Thanks so much for that. I have so much  to learn......

Your'e welcome Tut we are learning all the time !

I'm an amateur photographer, and was wondering how do I apply the lessons from mastering colour into photography.

I want to be able breath life into my photos without relying on post processing to save my images instead focusing on getting it right in camera. I'm struggling most with in camera settings contrast, saturation and colour tone.

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Oh Stephen, I feel your pain!  smile

I have a new Canon Rebel T5i and it was so different from my old Canon I was all but lost!  #1 use a tripod, #2 I shoot 99% of my images in AV, I always use SHADE for my White Balance (much experimenting of shooting the same scene and with each image changing the WB in a specific sequence so I knew what it was set on when I saw it on the computer), F16 or higher--must use tripod,  2 second timer, and (important)  minus ( -..1 ) exposure compensation, and I switch between AUTO and LANDSCAPE in Picture Style.  Once I figured out the best settings for the scene or taking a pic of my paintings, I made recipe cards/cheat sheet and clipped it to my camera strap.  Dont know if that answers the exact question, but I now can take a pic of a painting and not have to do anything on the computer for the colors.  They com out right.  Roena

Stephen Burton said:

I'm an amateur photographer, and was wondering how do I apply the lessons from mastering colour into photography.

I want to be able breath life into my photos without relying on post processing to save my images instead focusing on getting it right in camera. I'm struggling most with in camera settings contrast, saturation and colour tone.

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Thanks Roena,

I'll give your suggestion a try hopefully in time I will see a difference

Hi.  I am new to this site.  I haven't joined any classes yet.  Just wondering from the responses if Richard actually has anything to do with this site anymore, or if it is just maintained by other people.  Thanks.

I wonder the same thing Deborah.

I recently bought a couple of download videos, but was only sent a link to one of them.

I tried the supplied phone number (I live in NZ anyway so not a huge phone bill for that) and left a message for Richard...but no reply.

I then sent an email and was answered a couple of days later by someone else entirely (sorry, but have deleted that email so can't confirm the actual name).

I did get the link to my videos though.

Maybe Richard doesn't bother with this forum anymore?

Edit: found it...reply to email sent by

Samuel Earp
Chief Happiness Officer

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

The Complete Artist is a friendly social network for all artists wanting to improve their painting.


Groups

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos
  • View All

Events

© 2017   Created by Richard Robinson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service