Forum Discussions (336)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Essays on Painting

I have recently completed a free book on general subjects but mainly on watercolour. Please read it and hopefully give me some feedback on…

Started by John Rowland Kay in Resources

0 Nov 23, 2017

Oil painting on hardboard.

I'm just getting into oil painting although I have painted acrylics before (folk art style mainly), and the odd landscape or two. I have al…

Started by Kelvin Black in Painting

1 Jul 17, 2017
Reply by Stuart J. Gourlay

Mount canvas

What is the best method for mounting a canvas on a panel?  Has anyone ever tried an acid free spray adhesive?  I've used the recommended gl…

Started by Yvonne Chafin in Painting

0 May 24, 2017

Warm/Cool Colours

I understand notan and was wondering if there was any use to doing a warm/cool hue type sketch? As a rule, I guess that the darks would be…

Started by Doreen McRae in Painting

2 Apr 24, 2017
Reply by Doreen McRae

How to care for artworks while shifting?

Hi, I am shifting my home. I have many costly paintings that I have collected over all these years. Now, I am afraid it might get spoiled w…

Started by hailey in Resources

2 Mar 6, 2017
Reply by hailey

New video of mountains

This is the first time I have tried learning to paint without the artist in the room and I'm finding it difficult trying to keep up and mak…

Started by William P Hildebrand in Painting

1 Mar 4, 2017
Reply by gerald greenblatt

What is wrong with me?

about a year ago, I had a friend that was very critical of a painting I did.  I was not angry with the criticism but I was a bit hurt and a…

Started by Gill Smith in Painting

3 Mar 4, 2017
Reply by gerald greenblatt

Bought lessons

Can someone tell me where to find all of the lessons I have bought? Is there a place on this web sight that I can go to and click on anyone…

Started by John N Blank in Resources

5 Mar 2, 2017
Reply by Cynthia Bartlett

Hello from Warsaw, Poland

Hi Everybody, Warm greetings from Warsaw, Poland. I'm new to painting. I've been doing that only for 3 months, but I enjoy it a lot. I atte…

Started by Marta Nowicka in INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

4 Mar 2, 2017
Reply by Marta Nowicka

Acrylic or Canvas?

Hello all, I am looking for some alternative for canvas printing to get my paintings printed and framed. I have some of my paintings, which…

Started by julie in Painting

0 Feb 24, 2017

RSS

About

The Complete Artist is a friendly social network for all artists wanting to improve their painting.

Get my FREE Painting Lessons here!

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2024   Created by Richard Robinson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service